Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thinking Of You

This is a layout about one of my New Year Resolution for 2009. This resolution has to do with Chloe and it really means a lot to me.

I've used various Clear Scraps products here. An XL acrylic dot and an acrylic flower.

Here are the steps to this page.
1) Use a white card stock as the base for this page. Cut a huge square piece from a pattern paper and paste it in the middle of the page. Ink it's edges with distress ink first.


2) Cut out a rectangular piece from another pattern paper and paste it horizontally across the page. Add a strip of ribbon and lace at the bottom of this piece.



3) Stamp on the acrylic XL dot using some solvent ink and mask some images on it using some white acrylic paint. Add pearls and liquid pearls to it for details. Highlight it's edges using some paint markers and liquid pearls too. Paste it in the middle of the page.

4) Ink the edges of the photograph with distress ink and punch a row of holes on it's right border. Paste it onto the page and stitch on it's right border.




5) Use the "Dimensional Leaves with Folding" technique to create the leaf. For the small flowers, use the "Spiral Flower" technique to create them. I've used an acrylic flower and stamp on it using some acrylic paint. Highlight it's edges using some paint markers and detail it with liquid pearls. Use the "Layer with Spiral Flower" technique to add some dimension to it.

6) Paint a chipboard photo holder with acrylic paint and add some glossy accents to it. Attach it on the upper right of the page with a ribbon.

7) I've cut out a bird from a card stock and inked it's edges with distress ink. Add some liquid pearls and crystal to it for details and paste it on the upper left of the page.

8) I've used a Hambly Screen Prints transparency journaling bits and paste it to the lower left of the page. Cut out a few strips from a card stock and add your journaling to it before attaching it to the transparency.

9) Lastly, stamp your title on a card stock and cut it out. Distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink. Paste it to the page using some foam adhesives.

I really love how this page turns out and the expression on Chloe's face in that photograph really makes me want wonder what is in her mind? What can I do to help? It just melts my heart thinking that she will soon grow up to be a fine lady one day. Do check back for some of my projects using Scrapmagie's February Kit ( Terem Palace).

Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps XL Dot and acrylic flower; Card Stock: Bazzill, Core-dinations; Pattern Paper: Doodlebug Designs, Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamp: Heidi Grace, Autumn Leaves; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls,EKSuccess Zig Painty, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, Hambly Screen Prints Journaling Bits, Ranger Glossy Accents, Prima laces, pearls, ribbon, button, floss for stitching, Zip Dry, Helmar glue, glue dots and other adhesives.

26 comments:

Ewonne said...

Wow!!! Isn't this a gorgeous page! Love to sit and watch all the details ♥♥♥ TFS!!!

ledesma said...

Wow Irene this layout is beautiful love the spiral flowers and the dimension on the leaves to make it short I love everything on this layout the picture is beautiful too your daughter is so cute.
Hugs,

Ledesma.

tigger said...

The detail in your art just blows me away.. as always. LOVE your work.

Creative Busy Bee said...

I love this colorful lo and all the details.

Lingzie said...

very very pretty!! i LOVE the pink and green color scheme.
so pretty!!!!!

Nikki Love said...

This is my absolute favorite LO of yours of all time!!!! The colors are so vibrant and the detail is just amazing. You never stop amazing me with your talent and skills!!!!

Anonymous said...

A true marvel! I love! every day I spend a lot of time on your blog, I look at all small details, I teach a lot. Thank you for all your very useful explanation and your daughter is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wouahhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! Ta page est magnifique !!!! I love it !!!

mininessie said...

it is a precious work Irene ..as always you do.
love it !!

saffiertje said...

I love every detail of this beautyful layout!

Candy said...

Hello Irene,
I don't comment as often any more, because each piece of your work is better than the last one, and I am out of words to discribe them now. This one is so beautiful - as is the picture of your daughter it brought tears to my eyes. The colours you have used and all of your loving, caring work is tremendous!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture, and beautiful LO. Thanks for sharing the process, you are such an inspiration.

Jane F. Smith said...

Love what you've done here Irene!! what gorgeous work and attention to detail!!!

Melissa S. said...

Irene, I'm happy I didn't have to wait too long to see the rest of the project that went along with your Layer with a Spiral Flower. This is beautiful, love all the little details. As always, Great work. Melissa

retiredheather said...

What a beautiful page. I love all the beautiful embellishments. Wonderful and thanks for all the details.
Hugs
Heather

Tereza Crump said...

gorgeous layout, intricate details, lovely colors, and your daughter is just beautiful!!! great job...I really like how you take pictures of all the details of your pages. Great job!! :)

Nina said...

Truly wonderful! Love the bright papers!

MacNina said...

Wow, beautiful blogg, I´ve added you to my bloglist :o)

Lynn Biermann said...

Such beautiful work Irene! I love all the details!! so much to look at! tfs :)

Mescrap said...

Beautiful !!!Love all the details.

Anonymous said...

it's really a pleasure to visit your blog, it's wonderful.
bizz nelly
http://scrapbignou.canalblog.com

cloudofdreams said...

Beautiful page!! I love it!!

Carol said...

so pleased i found your blog,now i have some great ideas, thanks for shearing. Love what you do with your layouts :)

Unknown said...

Very beautiful this LO!
I can lift?

Unknown said...

Very beautiful this LO!
I can lift?

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Oh my goodness!!!! this is sooooo beautiful!!!!
Love these amazing colors and your detail work is once again STUNNING!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin