Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Friendship

This is a DT project for Scrapbooks 'N Stickers. I've used some Prima paintables to create this layout. Have you tried them? If not, you should! It will open an all new way to scrapping for you. You could custom it by adding colours and details to suit your layout. Most medium could be use to add colours to it. (ie. watercolours, acrylic paints, markers etc)

Here are the steps to this page.

1) I've used the Bouquet Prima paintable as the base for this page. I've used some acrylic paint to colour the flourishes.

2) Cut out a rectangular piece with a scallop edge from a pattern paper. Ink it's edges with distress ink and paste it on the lower right of the page.

3) Cut out another strip from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it on the bottom of the page.

4) Distress the edges of photographs and ink it with distress ink. Use the "Punching to Distress" technique on one of the edges of the photograph. Paste both photographs to the page.

5) Use the "Distress and Stamp on Chipboard" technique on a flourish chipboard piece and add it to the page.

6) Use the Amour Prima paintable and paint it's frame with acrylic paint. Cut it out and use some foam adhesives to layer over the page. Use some Stickles to add some details to it.

7) Add a strip of lace on the right of the page. Use the "Sand Rock Effect" technique on a key chipboard piece and add it to the page.

8) Cut out a flourish from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Add some Prima flowers around it and detail it with Stickles. Use some glossy accents to create the "wet look" all over it.

9) Emboss and die cut some butterflies using black card stock. Use some white pigment ink and Stickles to enhance the embossed images. Fold it's wings up and add it to the page.

10) I've printed the title from the computer and ink it with distress ink. Add it to the page using some foam adhesives.

This is a layout on a special meet up with some of my wonderful Swedish friends from a COF that I'm in. I'm really thankful for this day and hope I could meet more of my online friends in future.

Isn't it interesting how you could custom the paintables? Have fun experimenting!

Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Prima Marketing.; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Doodlebug Inc, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Fancy Pants; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Others: Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, Ranger Stickles, Prima flowers, Prima lace, crystals, brad, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.

18 comments:

Zaichick the flying rabbit (aka Shannon K. Thomson) said...

Ms. tan, I really admire your unique style. I received a copy of the Artful blogging magazine with your blog featured in it for mothers day. I subscribed to your blog using google reader but I haven't a clue how to use it! I was really impressed with the way you explain how to create your wonderful and I am looking forward to giving it a try! congratulations on your success.

Shannon

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Thanks Shannon. You could use the feedblitz subscription system that is on the right of my blog. It will send email to you whenever I update my blog.

Cathy said...

Unbelievable! Stunning layout, as usual!

TesaB said...

Hehe,these are some beautiful faces I know... Hehe! GORGEOUS page, I'm honored to be in it!!!

CK Chai said...

Beautiful LO, especially love the way you created the butterfly!

Beth Norman said...

You are so gifted. Another stunning layout!

lisa said...

This is another stunning layout. You are so talented. I love all the detail you include. I have so many new techniques to try after reading your blog, it's so exciting.

Lisax

papertrails leaver said...

this is incredible! The detail you have displayed is fabulous! THS this beautiful LO!

Maxine said...

Stunning!! I love how you use so many techniques. I learn so much from your kind sharing.

Paper Paradise said...

I have NEVER EVER seen such lovely work as I find on your blog which I follow religiously. Everything you create is a credit to you, and the way you share your ideas is SOOOOOOOOOOOO KIND!!!! Thankyou
Sue x

Ulrika said...

Beautiful layout and gorgeous girls! (Lovely to see that we share a mutual friend ...)

Anonymous said...

All your work is fabolous!

Cathrine.:)

Chris said...

It's Tesa and Pia! Wonderful LO Irene!

mininessie said...

precious work Irene!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gourgeous!
Love all the details, I think I have to look at it one more time to "absorbe" it;)

Unknown said...

ooooo!!! I know those three faces! LOL! I am beyond proud of being scrapped by you! Lovley page! Great colouring! Hugs Pia

Paulien van den Bosch said...

soooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Loving those beautiful details!!!!
and I'm in love with that gorgeous butterfly

Linn said...

WOOOW this was magical, so so beautiful! Your work is so unique and wonderful :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin