This is a DT project for Scrapbooks 'N Stickers. I've used some Prima paintables to create this layout. Have you tried them? If not, you should! It will open an all new way to scrapping for you. You could custom it by adding colours and details to suit your layout. Most medium could be use to add colours to it. (ie. watercolours, acrylic paints, markers etc)
Here are the steps to this page.
1) I've used the Bouquet Prima paintable as the base for this page. I've used some acrylic paint to colour the flourishes.
2) Cut out a rectangular piece with a scallop edge from a pattern paper. Ink it's edges with distress ink and paste it on the lower right of the page.
3) Cut out another strip from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it on the bottom of the page.
4) Distress the edges of photographs and ink it with distress ink. Use the "Punching to Distress" technique on one of the edges of the photograph. Paste both photographs to the page.
5) Use the "Distress and Stamp on Chipboard" technique on a flourish chipboard piece and add it to the page.
6) Use the Amour Prima paintable and paint it's frame with acrylic paint. Cut it out and use some foam adhesives to layer over the page. Use some Stickles to add some details to it.
7) Add a strip of lace on the right of the page. Use the "Sand Rock Effect" technique on a key chipboard piece and add it to the page.
8) Cut out a flourish from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Add some Prima flowers around it and detail it with Stickles. Use some glossy accents to create the "wet look" all over it.
9) Emboss and die cut some butterflies using black card stock. Use some white pigment ink and Stickles to enhance the embossed images. Fold it's wings up and add it to the page.
10) I've printed the title from the computer and ink it with distress ink. Add it to the page using some foam adhesives.
This is a layout on a special meet up with some of my wonderful Swedish friends from a COF that I'm in. I'm really thankful for this day and hope I could meet more of my online friends in future.
Isn't it interesting how you could custom the paintables? Have fun experimenting!
Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Prima Marketing.; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Doodlebug Inc, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Fancy Pants; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Others: Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, Ranger Stickles, Prima flowers, Prima lace, crystals, brad, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.