Monday, June 15, 2009

Me (Therapy Scrapping Journal)

This is the front cover of my Therapy Scrapping Journal. Lately, I've been having loads of personal problems and changes in my life. I have to changed all my daily routine from the past and make way for new responsibilities. It has been a very difficult time for me to make so much changes in my life. Therefore, I've started this journal to let me release those hard moments and stress. It will be an ongoing journal which I will scrap in when I need a place to go to have some "Me" time.

I've created the cover for this journal when I first desperately needed some "Me" time and had been asking myself of what else is going to be affected with more changes to come.

Below are some of the close-ups of this cover. I won't be sharing the step by step tutorial as all the elements and design here are results of my emotions and thoughts during that moment.






Oh...by the way, the baby on the cover is me! I'll definitely be sharing more of this journal if I did go to it in times to come. Well, I'm sure I will....
Sources: Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Ranger Embossing Ink; Stamps: Queen Kat Designs; Rub-Ons: Basic Grey; Overlay: Heidi Swapp; Sticker: K&Company, Jenni Bowlin Studio; Chipboard: Heidi Swapp; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Distress Embossing Powder, Ranger Distress Stickles, Ranger Memory Glass, Tim Holtz's idea-ology grungeboard, gears, key holes, swivel clasps, clear charms, masks and spinners, Prima flowers, brad, clip, Zip Dry, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Saw you in artful blogger... love it!

Scrappinraiderfan said...

Beautiful journal Irene. I think it great that you made this to help you through your tough times. I wish you all the best.

Melissa S. said...

Irene, this is a beautiful cover and it says a lot all by itself. I'm sorry to hear that you are having stress in your life right now and I wish you all the best. A journal seems like a very good idea. Your friend Melissa

CK Chai said...

This journal cover is awesome! Hope you'll conquer your problems soon... I'm currently facing a lot of issues as well, just wish to settle them soon...

Lingzie said...

very nice cover! and its good to have some 'me' time to figure out things in life.
i've been wanting to start a scrapping project for myself to record my feelings and thoughts because i seem to be scrapping for friends, family etc...
hope to see more this in the future :)

Lynna said...

I was just in the process of doing something similar. Because of Fibromyalgia, sometimes I feel as though my life is a series of pain days with some bits of creativity thrown in at the oddest times. For example, it is 1:41 am here and I'm awake and wanting to do something creative. Not the best time to start something since I have to be somewhere in less than 8 hours and I have not slept yet.

I hope your journal brings you the release that you need as I hope mine does. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful piece of work! Hope your troubling times are short and that you pull thru them soon.

Eileen said...

Beautiful book! I hope you find comfort within, Irene. You bring so much joy to others!

scrapoochi/Nancy said...

what a good idea Irene! your book cover is a beauty! I have moved in July last year, and can you imagine that I was crying that day! I was so tired and the new environment made me doubt if I would ever be happy there! I can assure you better days will come, it just takes some time, :-) ! Love your book and all of your projects! Wishing you all the best! Hugs from Belgium, scrapoochi, Nancy

Eva (Fister) said...

Wow, that cover is absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

As one who dives into her creative side when times are particularly rough, I understand. The journal cover is wonderful....may your journal help you through the storms passing over your life.

Myra said...

this is beautiful and a great idea.

Ying Pang, said...

you need to be strong, Irene, at least you have chance to scrap, but for me, I don't have the chance to craft right now, my dad needs me more than the cardmaking....good luck to you and hope that you can cope all the stress.

hugs,
ying

Wil said...

heelerg mooi zeg

Anonymous said...

Your lovely journal will be a good way to document what you are feeling. Try to find a little time to meditate or take a walk now & then. Most importantly, remember to reach out and let friends and family help you cope. Stress and problems are always easier when you release them to a listening ear.

Mescrap said...

The difficult time sure will passed.

Love your journal page.

Marina said...

I hope that it will be not so hard for you! I wish you the best!..
And art will help you, I'm sure.
Beautiful creation, Irene!

lutingobelin said...

gorgeous as always...

Anonymous said...

hope all will go well with you. Take care and all the best.

fulltime mom

Kaatje van den Hoogen said...

Hi there!

I like the way you scrap!
It gifs me inspiration. And I like your work!
I had a little question which stamp tekst you used under ME?

Scrap the stress away!
wishes you all the best in this time of your life!
Big hug

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Caet,

The text stamp that I used are from the "key Stamp Set" that I've designed for Queen Kat Designs March get Inked! Kit.

Kaatje van den Hoogen said...

Thx for the answer.
I follow your work on blogger :)
Take care,
Greets Caet

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin