Saturday, December 12, 2009

Love for Kong Toy!


Yesterday I was looking through all my blog post about Hiro on the "Updates on Hiro" topic here. I'm a little shock at how much he has changed and grown in just MONTHS!! I've been told that he would grown until the age of one. Is that true? Or will he be still growing after that? Share your stories with me. 


Above is a picture of Hiro playing with his Kong toy! He is actually using his intelligence trying to get the treat out from the toy. He loves this toy. Thanks to those of you who had  suggested this toy for him. If you have more ideas or ways to keep Hiro busy, do share it with me here. I would love to hear them.

Some of you had asked me how is Hiro's tummy problem months ago. According to the vet, he had a tummy infection then. But the reasons could not be confirmed. It could be due to a lot of reasons. The possibilities would be, poisonous intake, insects or wrong diet. Here are some tips that I've learnt from the vet. If your dog is having a diaorhea and don't eat well, check the stools for blood. If there are blood, do not wait. Take him to the vet immediately. If none and you could not take him to the vet yet for some reason, try giving him some charcoal tablet or oral salt or 100 plus minus the gas. This will keep him hydrated. But I would suggest to take your dog to the vet if he already has diaorhea for more than 2 days. Share it with me if your puppy or dog do have the same incident before.
    

5 comments:

Ann Arbogast said...

Dogs still grow after a year. My Sammy did. But our youngest Booger just past a year, and I don't think he will grow anymore. They saw dogs stop chewing things after 1 1/2 years.

Maggi said...

My experience has been that the larger the dog, the longer it takes for them to reach their full size. Example, my lab/shepherd mix who was a good 80 lbs did not reach her full size until she was 2. However, dogs do most of their quickest growing up to about 6 mos and then gradually continue to grow up to a year or so. After that the growth is mainly filling out and continued muscle development. Sort of like a teenager becoming a man or woman. My poodles who are 45 lbs did not grow much after a year.

Denise said...

I just wanted to say what a beautiful dog you have!! They do grow so fast, and from what I understand they do grow after a year too.

Chany said...

PRECIOSOS TODOS TUS SCRAP. TE FELICITO CON CARIÑO CHANY

Tiss said...

joli chien, il grandit bien!! j' ai 2 jeunes bouledogues français, une femelle Eden de 10 mois et ma petite dernière Epice 3 mois!! je les adore!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin