Friday, April 29, 2011

Natural Bond


Today's layout is a DT layout for Bo Bunny. This layout is for the "Stamping and Sewing" assignment at Bo Bunny's blog. I've used the beautiful Gabrielle line to create this layout.

Here are some close-ups on it.


In the close-up above, I've stamped the chipboard alphas with the Timepiece stamps and solvent ink. I've also hand stitched across these alphas.


I've used the Timepiece clock stamp to stamp on the pattern paper and cut it out. Ink it's edges with distress ink and attach it to the layout with a brad.


In this pictures above, I've used the stamping and masking technique together to create the corners.


I must admit that cutting out these pieces from the pattern paper really takes up some time but I love the outcome.


To create the shadow under the butterfly, I've used the double stamping technique. I stamped once directly on the layout and another on a separate pattern paper. Then, I cut out the butterfly and ink its edges with distress ink. Attach it directly above the first stamped butterfly on the layout.

I've had tons of stamping and stitching fun creating this layout. Hope it inspires you all in someway.


Scrapbooking Pros Reveals their tricks of the trade. Check it out here!

Sources: Pattern Papers: Bo Bunny; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Bo Bunny; Chipboard: Bo Bunny; Others: Bo Bunny wraps, brad and pearls, Inkssential white gel pen, twine and thread for stitching, Tombow and other adhesives.

13 comments:

Lynne said...

Your layout is gorgeous, love all the detail and colours. Lynne xx

Axes DesigNs said...

OMY! I been thinking those pieces were wood they are awesome.. great LO .. as always :) I love your blog it is so inspirational..

Magdalena

Carla said...

Stunning beautiful lay out as usual!

MORMOR said...

You really do amaze me. Every lo you create is a masterpiece! Always brilliantly beautiful. I especially love the butterfly for which you used the double stamping technique. The patterned paper on the butterfly is perfect. You are always an inspiration.

Pszmaja said...

As always it's breathtaking

Pszmaja said...

As always it's breathtaking

Keren Tamir said...

this is just stunning, I wish I knew how to put so many things together like this!! it ties it in so beautiful, I always think I'm gonna wreck it if I stamp or ink too much but you make it look so easy!! fantastic

Keren Tamir said...

This is stunning, I wish I knew how to make LO's look like this. I always feel that if I use too much stamping or inking i will ruin the page. you make it look so easy
fantastic!!

Deb said...

Wow Irene, this is a stunning layout, and the way you described the techniques makes it so *do-able* for those of us less artistic and creative than you :) Thank you

Deb xox

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Just a amazing page.....gorgeus LO!!!I just love evrything in here...you´re such a big inspiration!!!
H a ve a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs from Brazil
Cynthia

Cindy Gay said...

Love the swirly corners and the gathered gingham ribbon.

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

Stunning layout with lovely colors and beautiful details!!

Heather M. said...

Love the colors, butterflies & corner accents! As always, very beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin